The yeast dough is a classic among pastries and it is now very easy to bake yourself.
With our baking mix you can conjure up your own Germstriezel on the table in just a short time and inspire your guests for coffee or your family for breakfast!
vegan and palm oil free
Ingredients 100% from Austria:
We only use ingredients that come from Austria. We make sure to use regional and sustainably grown products - of course only the flours from our Stöber mill. Of course, we also do without the use of genetic engineering, artificial flavors as well as colors and preservatives.
The Striezel Classico consists of the following ingredients:
- wheat flour
- hail sugar
- dry yeast
- Vanilla sugar
1 baking mix results in a classic yeast cake
Net capacity 817 g
Average nutritional values ??for 100g pastries:
Energy 1558 kJ / 367 kcal
Fat 1.2 g
- of which saturated fatty acids 0.4 g
Carbohydrates 80 g
- thereof sugar 18.2 g
Dietary fiber 3.3 g
Protein 7.5 g
Salt 1.1 g
It's so easy to bake a classic Germstriezel:
Remove the hail sugar flowers with a small spoon, put them in a bowl and set aside.
Place the remaining baking mixture in a large bowl.
Preparation vegan variant:
Warm the oat drink (see milk line) and 80 g vegetable fat in a saucepan until the fat dissolves. Let it cool down lukewarm.
Preparation of the classic variant:
Milk (see milk line and 80 g butter in a saucepan, warm gently until the butter dissolves. Let it cool lukewarm. After cooling, stir in 1 egg for two minutes.
3. Add the lukewarm milk mixture to the baking mix and knead for approx. 4 minutes by hand, with a food processor or with the Thermomix.
4. Let the dough rest covered in a warm place (approx. 24 ° C) in the bowl for 30-60 minutes.
5. Knead the dough briefly and bring it into your desired shape (e.g. strands of balls
shape & braid a striezel from it) Tip: a little flour helps with the shaping.
6. Place it on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
7. Cover and let the dough relax in a warm place for about 20 minutes.
8. Preheat the oven (top-bottom heat 190 ° C).
9. vegan variant: brush Striezel with water / classic variant: brush Striezel with yolk-milk mixture (mix 4 tablespoons milk & 1 yolk).
10. Sprinkle with sugar sugar flowers.
11. Switch the oven down to 180 ° C and bake for approx. 25-30 minutes.
12. Remove from the baking sheet and let cool for 10 minutes.